Saturday, March 19, 2011

hey, hello!

Solidarity in Key West. I was so happy to see the word vegan.
Hello! Long time no blog. Family vacation and the ensuing recovery are the culprits. And I'm just not the type to have my camera ready to photograph every meal...I'm old fashioned. Heh heh.

We took a lovely visit with my entire family to the Florida Keys, where for many folks, it's all fish seafood fish fish seafood & fried fish! Not so vegan friendly, or even vegetarian, for that matter. But I did lots of cooking to keep us nourished, and we found one restaurant where we got some yummy sushi and seaweed salads. Plus, a day trip to Key West took us to The Green Republic, which was fun. There we enjoyed a Cuban sammy with Teese - and I love Teese, so that was cool. Otherwise it was tofu scrambles, lots of veggies, simple pastas, beans & rice, mango, pineapple, oranges, apples and peanut butter & jelly. Tasty basics that won't kill ya. You know it.

My little bit of tan is fading, and I've been cooking up a storm. More food to come, but in the meantime, Eat Your Greens. Only Kale Can Save Us Now. xo

1 comment: